Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Current Obsession: Halloween



So it is a little late but here are our Halloween costumes! I was very pleased at the way they turned out seeing as I made EVERYTHING you see other than the hat, shows and gloves :) here is where I got my inspiration:





So it started with the hamburger dress... I thought it was just funny and unique and decided to make my own version. I told Nathan he could be french fries or something silly and he was not going for that and somehow came up with the hamburgalar! I thought was genius, so I went to work! His outfit is just a pattern for PJs that I made out of the striped material. I just sewed a yellow band for the hat and found a free tie pattern online and sewed the red tie. For my dress I found this cute pattern at Joann and bought a crap load of felt in various colors to make my burger belt. The sewing of the dress and Nathan's pants and shirt were the most challenging but once those were done the rest was easier... although the little hamburgers on the tie were sort of tedious. The finishing touch were the amazing cupcakes I saw on pintrest! The cupcakes were the final piece of the costume, they were a big hit but a pain to assemble!


Well my hard work was well appreciated at the annual Halloween party and we won the costume contest by 1 vote! Yay! So now on to thinking about next years costumes :) my goal is to always come up with something somewhat original that has not been overly done and something I can get Nathan to agree too... NOT an easy task!
Thanks for reading!
xo




2 comments: